Saturday, July 23, 2011

Copperas Pond

It had all started in the bus drive to Copperas Pond and we were all excited about the big rock. We were also talking about how many times we were going to jump. I said about 40 times. Then we got to the trail and we al got out and started the small hike of about 0.5 miles. We went up, but we accidentally went up the wrong trail and we did a mile instead of half, which had wasted about 10 more minutes. After we all got up we went to the lean-to so we could unpack. Then we all went to the rock. I was so nervous even though I did jump it like 100 times before. So Genaro, my counselor, went first he came he came up out of the water in about 5 seconds. Then, I was next, I jumped and BAM! I hit the water with so much force and a lot of water went up my nose and mouth, but I didn’t really care because I did it again. In the end I counted all my jumps and I literally jumped off 80 times. The sight of the pond was pretty amazing to me. I felt was really happy to be back. The water to me smelled like a smell of a jungle. So to be more specific it smelled like nature. The sound was cool and I like the splash after each and every person jumped. The taste of the water was really weird it tasted disgusting to me. I was sweating so much so the feeling was like mixing hot water with cold water and it felt really refreshing. I was upset when I was leaving, but a least I had fun for my last year.

By Christian R.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that your comments are public. They will be shared with the camp on select days throughout the summer.

Por favor recuerde que sus comentarios son públicos. Ellos serán compartidos con el campo en días selectos durante todo el verano.