Monday, July 30, 2012

Coppera's Pond / Pond Coppera

On Wednesday, I was really scared. The reson why I was scared is because I was going to Coppera's Pond with my wonderful cabin, The Phoenix. My brother, Jahlil , went to Coppera's Pond and he said it was scary as well. He only jumped off the big rock twice. He told me that when you jump off the rock it stings a little. I asked one of my cabin mates Angel if its scary. He said he had to jump off with a life jacket because he was also scared. After silent reading, we walked to the entrance of Camp Monserrate so we could get on the bus. While we were on the bus, my cabin was talking about how fun and scary Coppera's Pond is. When we arrived at Coppera's Pond, I told myself that I came to Camp Monserrate to have fun and to also be a leader so there was nothing to be afriad of.  My cabin mates and I walked 0.5 miles to get to the pond. When we got there I actually thought the big rock was not that big after all. I ended up having a good time. I jumped off the big rock twenty-three times. My conunselor brought food for us. I swam to the logs. I went up and down. I had so much fun. It was another fun day at Camp Monserrate.
Kashawn Jackson
En Espanol
El miércoles, yo estaba muy asustada. El reson qué me daba miedo porque me iba a Pond Coppera con mi camarote maravilloso, el ave fénix. Mi hermano, Jahlil, fue a la charca Coppera y dijo que era miedo también. Lo único que saltó de la gran roca dos veces. Él me dijo que cuando usted salta de la roca que pica un poco. Le pregunté a uno de mis compañeros de cabina de Ángel si su miedo. Él dijo que tenía que saltar con un chaleco salvavidas porque tenía miedo también. Después de la lectura en silencio, caminamos hasta la entrada del campamento Monserrate así que pudimos conseguir en el autobús. Mientras estábamos en el autobús, mi camarote estaba hablando acerca de cómo Pond Coppera divertido y aterrador es. Cuando llegamos al estanque Coppera, me dije a mí mismo que he venido al Camp Monserrate para divertirse y para ser también un líder que no había nada que tengan miedo de. Mis compañeros de cabina y yo caminamos de 0,5 kilómetros para llegar a la laguna. Cuando llegamos allí, yo realmente pensaba que la gran roca no era tan grande después de todo. Terminé teniendo un buen momento. Salté de la gran roca veintitrés veces. Mi conunselor trajeron comida para nosotros. Nadé en los registros. Fui arriba y hacia abajo. Me divertí mucho. Fue otro día de diversión en el campamento Monserrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that your comments are public. They will be shared with the camp on select days throughout the summer.

Por favor recuerde que sus comentarios son públicos. Ellos serán compartidos con el campo en días selectos durante todo el verano.