Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 5: July 1 (pt.2)

On July 1, 2010, Cabin Four went on a hike up Cascade Mountain. It was a terrible day for them. It was terribly long. It wasn’t that long but it was painful. The reason was because I fell down about 6 times all thanks to the branches and holes on the ground (especially the mud). Most of the time I slipped but I regained my balance. At one time, Pimentel fell on me when there were too many rocks in front of me. I was so close to death but I luckily gained my balance (don’t worry mom). Then, a second time, I was about to fall on a lump of sharp rocks if I would’ve gone one more step. My toes were hurting a lot. At the top of Cascade it was freezing cold. We took two hours and thirty minutes to get to the top. Then I prayed that we would get down safely, and we did. It took us one hour and thirty minutes to get back down. My whole cabin was happy when we got to the bottom and even more relieved when we were sitting down. We had to wait for the rest of the campers who were a bit behind because of a sprained ankle. We left to camp safely, although I was weak from all the falls.

Posted by: Christian R.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that your comments are public. They will be shared with the camp on select days throughout the summer.

Por favor recuerde que sus comentarios son públicos. Ellos serán compartidos con el campo en días selectos durante todo el verano.